What can persons with disabilities claim as a deduction or credit?

disabilities tax credit

Navigating claimable expenses on your income tax can be challenging,  and the complexity grows if you or a dependent have challenges


In talking with tax expert, Geoffrey Zaldin of Special Needs Financial, who is also the father to an exceptional daughter, he suggests you ask yourself and/or your accountant the following questions:

Have you claimed all the medical you are entitled to?

  • Does your child attend a private school that qualifies as a medical expense?
  • Have you included all the expenses your health plan did not cover?
  • Have you had to make any changes to your living quarters because of the disability?

Do you have childcare expenses you aren’t claiming?

  • Have you included all program and camp expenses?
  • Do you have any additional expenses to care for your child such as PSW or attendant care?  It is always better to include these expenses as childcare if they can qualify instead of medical expenses.

Geoffrey serves families all over Ontario and offers the following services:

  • Financial Planning
  • Special Needs Financial Planning
  • Estate Planning
  • Insurance  -Group and Individual

He can be reached by phone at 416-221-3553 or by email at Info@SpecialNeedsFinancial.ca

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *